The Moringa Oleifera leaf has gained popularity in recent years for its high nutritional value and health benefits. Rich in antioxidants(1) and natural anti-inflammatory(2) compounds, they help provide relief for those with inflammatory diseases such as sinusitis, gout and arthritis.
Rich in antioxidants (polyphenols), these natural plant compounds not only help fight free radicals but also stage an anti-inflammatory fight inside the body(3), a common affliction among many today.
Licorice root has a long history of use in traditional Chinese, traditional German and Ayurvedic medicine. It is beneficial for gastrointestinal problems(4), coughs and colds(5) as well as inflammation(6) conditions that include abdominal cramps and joint pains.
(1) Vergara-Jimenez M, Almatrafi MM & Fernandez ML. Bioactive components in Moringa Oleifera leaves protect against chronic disease. Antioxidants (Basel). 2017 Dec; 6(4):91. Doi: 10.3390/antiox6040091.
(2) Zakaria ZA, Bujarimin AS, Somchit MN, Israf DA & Moin S. Evaluation of Moringa Oleifera aqueous extract for antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities in animal models. Pharmaceutical Biology Vol 46, Issue 12. 2008: 838-845. Doi: 10.1080/13880200802366710.
(3) Ohishi T, Goto S, Monira P, Isemura M, Nakamura Y. Anti-inflammatory Action of Green Tea. Antiinflamm Antiallergy Agents Med Chem. 2016; 16(2): 74-90. doi: 10.2174/1871523015666160915154443.
(4) Raveendra KR, Jayachandra, Srinivasa V et al. An Extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra (GutGard) alleviates symptoms of functional dyspepsia. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012; 2012:216970. Doi: 10.1155/2012/216970.
(5) Gulati K, Rai N, Chaudhary S, Ray Arunabha. Nutraceuticals in respiratory disorders. In Nutraceuticals: efficacy, safety and toxicity, by Ramesh CG. 2016: 75-86.
(6) Kim KR, Jeong CK, Park KK et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of licorice and roasted licorice extracts on TPA-induced acute inflammation and collagen-induced arthritis in mice. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010; 2010: 703978. Doi: 10.1155/2010/709378